What you can expect about your shoot:
1. You should definitely expect that this will be a FUN experience, not a cheesy/staged photo shoot. I want your children to feel as comfortable as possible around me, as if they get to play with me. Sometimes telling your children that you are going to play with a new friend can be beneficial. I like to run around with the kids, because this immediately puts them at ease and helps me capture their natural smiles and laughs.
2. I will have some poses for you, but nothing that makes you feel stiff and uncomfortable. The majority of the photos I take are of you and your family interacting as if I was invisible.
3. If you have a baby or toddler, photos always turn out best right when they wake up from their nap and are fed. I am super flexible and willing to schedule what makes YOU and your child feel most comfortable!
4. Definitely bring a favorite toy/blanket of your child’s. Sometimes children need a sense of comfort to get them started for their photo shoot. I will do everything I can from jumping all around creation to making extremely silly faces and sounds to make your kids (and you) laugh, but sometimes having their favorite toy helps too.
5. Expect to be in contact with me – phone/email/text/facebook – to discuss how the shoot will go, and any ideas you have for your photo shoot.
6. As soon as you book your session, I will send you a contract that has all of the information you need to know.